- 1 (8-pound) bone-in ribeye roast
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 medium onions, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, red and white pepper, onion powder and 2 1/2 teaspoons salt in a small bowl. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub the entire roast with pepper rub.
- Place roast in the ov...